To express your interest in this position give us a call on 07 3841 7011 or complete the form below. We welcome the opportunity to meet and discuss this role with you further.
Animal Attendant - Underwood Hospital
Veterinary Specialist Services is a group of specialist Vet Hospitals located throughout SE
Queensland with dedicated, highly skilled veterinarians and nurses providing world-class
This is an outstanding opportunity for an energetic, and compassionate person to take on
the role of Animal Attendant, at our Underwood Hospital.
The purpose of this full-time role is to provide general animal care and to clean all areas of
the hospital to ensure high clinical hygiene standards are maintained.
Reporting to the Nurse Manager responsibilities include:
- Animal handling including walking of patients, providing environmental enrichment and nutritional support with feeding.
- Assist with holding patients for procedures.
- Assist veterinarians and nurses with treatment of patients as required.
- Assist with Equipment cleaning and sterilising.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness amongst the wards, patient cages, runs, yards and presentation of the hospital, both inside and out
- Unpack deliveries and restock veterinary consumables and equipment.
- Assist with laundry.
- Some general cleaning as required
- Cert II in Animal Studies or equivalent (highly regarded)
- At least one year in the companion animal industry (Vet clinic and/or boarding facility)
- Ability to demonstrate experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to follow direction
- Possess a friendly, flexible, and approachable manner
- Be an animal lover
- Outstanding punctuality & reliability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent health for a highly physical task list
If this sounds perfect for you then please contact us on the details below.
We welcome the opportunity to meet and discuss this role with you further.
Give us a call: 07 3841 7011
Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org