Veterinary Specialist Services is a group of specialist Vet Hospitals located throughout SE Queensland with dedicated, highly skilled veterinarians and nurses providing world class animal care.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an energetic, and compassionate person to take on the role of Animal Attendant, at our Carrara Hospital.
The purpose of this full-time role is to provide general animal care and to clean all areas of the hospital to ensure high clinical hygiene standards are maintained.
Reporting to the Nurse Manager responsibilities include:
- Animal handling including walking of patients, providing environmental enrichment and nutritional support with feeding.
- Assist with holding patients for procedures.
- Assist veterinarians and nurses with treatment of patients as required.
- Assist with Equipment cleaning and sterilising.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness amongst the wards, patient cages, runs, yards and presentation of the hospital, both inside and out
- Unpack deliveries and restock veterinary consumables and equipment.
- Assist with laundry.
- Some general cleaning as required
The successful candidate will possess:
- Cert II in Animal Studies or equivalent (highly regarded)
- At least one year in the companion animal industry (Vet clinic and/or boarding facility)
- Ability to demonstrate experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to follow direction
- Possess a friendly, flexible, and approachable manner
- Be an animal lover
- Outstanding punctuality & reliability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent health for a highly physical task list
This is a full-time role with availability Mon-Fri between the hours 7am-7pm.
If this sounds perfect for you then please contact us on the details below.
We welcome the opportunity to meet and discuss this role with you further.