In this role you will provide specialised high quality nursing care for critical patients, working alongside a team of veterinary specialists to ensure gold standard patient care is achieved at all times. This will be a rotating position between our internal medicine and surgical departments.
Who we are:
- Veterinary Specialist Services is a small animal referral hospital delivering high quality patient care for over 20 years.
- We have a strong focus of providing gold standard treatment for pets in the fields of internal medicine, cardiology, dermatology, ophthalmology, surgery, oncology, critical care, dentistry, nursing, and support services.
- We employ a team of fun and focussed individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are involved in the industry with wide participation in professional groups, universities, continuing education courses.
- We facilitate our own Annual Conference.
What we offer:
- Very competitive rates of pay.
- Four-day work week.
- One free ticket to our Annual Conference (March each year).
- Access to in-house professional development and mentoring opportunities.
- A values-based team culture.
- An opportunity to work alongside team members who are internationally recognised for their skills and experience and with others who are highly skilled and experienced in their profession.
Who you are:
- A nurse with a Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing or a Veterinary Technologist degree with a keen interest in critical care, surgery and anaesthesia.
- A team player with a strong work ethic willing to support your fellow colleagues.
- Skilled in problem solving and decision making.
- A multi-tasker who can navigate within a busy, multidisciplinary workplace.
- An organised nurse with high attention to detail.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to us at HR@vss.net.au
If this role is not for you, please review our other vacancies at https://www.vss.net.au/