Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your career in Veterinary Nursing? We are looking for an energetic and compassionate person to take on a full-time role of Animal Attendant at our Carrara hospital. You will be an integral member of our team, responsible for ensuring a high standard of animal care along with maintaining the presentation of our hospital facilities.
Who we are:
- Veterinary Specialist Services is a small animal referral hospital delivering high quality patient care for over 20 years.
- We have a strong focus of providing gold standard treatment for pets in the fields of internal medicine, cardiology, dermatology, ophthalmology, surgery, oncology, critical care, dentistry, nursing, and support services.
- We employ a team of fun and focussed individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- We are involved in the industry with wide participation in professional groups, universities,
- continuing education courses.
- We facilitate our own Annual Conference.
What we offer:
- Very competitive rates of pay.
- Rostered hours between 6.30am and 7.30pm weekdays.
- No weekend work.
- One free ticket to our Annual Conference (March each year).
- Access to in-house professional development and mentoring opportunities.
- A team who work collaboratively to achieve best possible patient outcomes.
- Supportive nurse manager, committed to your learning and development.
- An opportunity to work alongside team members who are highly skilled and experienced in their profession.
Who you are:
- Completed a Certificate III in Animal Studies or equivalent.
- A team player with a strong work ethic willing to support your fellow colleagues.
- A multi-tasker who can navigate within a busy, multidisciplinary workplace.
- A good communicator who has a high level of attention to detail.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to us at HR@vss.net.au
If this role is not for you, please review our other vacancies at https://www.vss.net.au/