Use the below form to request repeat medications for your pet.
Veterinarians are governed by Queensland Health regulations when prescribing medications. We must adhere to the legislation when dispensing medication.
- Your pet must have been assessed by a VSS veterinarian within the last 6 months. If it has been more than 6 months, we will require you to make a recheck appointment. Alternatively, you may be able to get the medication through your regular veterinarian if you have seen them within the last 6 months.
- In some cases, more frequent assessments may be required.
- Some medications require bloods and/or urine testing.
- Our veterinarians must assess each request, so please allow 2 business days for medication preparation.
- Some medication needs to be specially ordered or compounded and may take longer than 2 days to be prepared.
- If you require a written prescription to take to a human or veterinary pharmacy, please write the name of the pharmacy in the notes so we can send (fax/email/post) it to the appropriate place. NOTE there is a fee associated with written prescriptions.
- If the medication strength, quantity or dose requested differs from our records, or if the prescription was from another practice, an examination and assessment may be required.
We will send you a text when your medication is ready, if you would prefer to be contacted by a different method write that in the notes section. If our vets need any further information, we will contact you.