To express your interest in this position give us a call on 07 3841 7011 or complete the form below. We welcome the opportunity to meet and discuss this role with you further.
Goldcoast & Underwood Client Liaison Officer
Client Liaison Officer
Are you a confident and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills, who would like to work in a busy environment where patient care is prioritised?
Most if not all Veterinary practices have become significantly busier over the last 12 months. We have not been immune to this and are adapting our teams and processes with the aim of delivering the excellent patient care we are known for, while trying to provide our team with the working environment that is sustainable for them. This is a big challenge, and we need the right people to help us achieve this.
Veterinary Specialist Services Gold Coast and Underwood have each an opportunity available for a Client Liaison role. Reporting to the Hospital Operations Managers and supporting our clinical teams, the role of Client Liaison will act as the key contact for our clients and referring veterinarians and play an active role in supporting our team to maintain the day-to-day service delivery and coordination of high quality client service.
Veterinary Specialist Services is an established Small Animal referral hospital group located in Southeast Queensland.
We are striving to create an environment where people can do their best work. We have many things to work on to get there, but we are adapting as fast as possible. Our teams are very passionate about delivering patient care and support each other to do it.
What we are looking for
- A person who will be a genuine team player in a large team. This means different personalities, work styles and methods, but with the same ultimate goal.
- A person who understands that we all have a role to play, and that the ultimate outcome is to deliver the best possible care for our patients, their families, and our referring veterinarians.
- A person who is genuinely adaptable - we’ve had to change a whole lot of things over the last 2 years and foresee ongoing change and adaptation to improve our workplace.
- A person who understands that when a patient needs us, we will do our utmost to be there and give it the care it needs.
- A person who ensures that clients and referring veterinarians are kept well-informed of all services being provided including current and ongoing treatment and payment plans
- A person who responds effectively to client concerns
- A person that would provide grief support to clients when required
- A person who advises clients of their finance options
- A person who will arrange for repeat medications when requested
The successful candidate will possess:
- Previous experience working in a veterinary practice essential
- Understanding of veterinary medical terminology and the ability to translate and easily communicate it to others essential
- Veterinary Nurse qualifications highly desirable
- Client focused - with a friendly, and approachable manner and the ability to positively engage with a range of people.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation, and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment or autonomously as required
- Be proactive, with a can-do attitude
Please either submit your CV and a covering letter to us at HR@vss.net.au, or contact Jennine Bennett (HR Associate - 07 3841 7011) if you’d like any more information.
We recently asked our staff what it was like to work at VSS - you can find what they say here https://www.vss.net.au/veterinary-careers.html