Are you a passionate veterinarian seeking to excel in the field of internal medicine? Do you have a drive for continuous learning, a commitment to gold standard patient care and a desire to work in a supportive and innovative environment? Look no further - Veterinary
Specialist Services is offering an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Small Animal
Internal Medicine Resident.
Veterinary Specialist Services is an established Small Animal referral practice.
- We work and collaborate with our internal medicine team and our colleagues in cardiology, ophthalmology, surgery, oncology, critical care, dentistry, nursing and support services.
- We create environments where people can do their best work.
- We employ a team of fun and focussed individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- We offer flexible working arrangements with a four-day work week.
- We are involved in the industry with wide participation in professional groups, universities, continuing education courses.
- We have team members who are internationally recognised for their skills and experience.
- We facilitate our own Annual Conference.
We are excited to welcome a Small Animal Internal Medicine Resident to our experienced
team, in a full-time capacity. As a resident at VSS you will have the chance to work in a
collaborative and supportive environment with expert mentors. You will diagnose and treat a wide range of challenging cases whilst elevating your skills and knowledge in a dynamic and enriching learning environment. You will be trained as a part of the fellowship program guidelines through the ANZCVS Small Animal Medicine. Your supervisors are dedicated and highly motivated individuals. Additionally, they have been examiners of fellowship level exams in recent years providing the experience, expertise, and knowledge to help you through your residency and examination process.
- Be eligible to register as a veterinarian in Queensland.
- Completed a rotating internship or equivalent experience in general practice &; have a passion for internal medicine.
- Ideally, you would have already attained MANZCVS and be comfortable with ultrasound, although neither is essential.
- You will be a team player in any size team. This means different personalities, work styles and methods working towards a common goal.
- Deep passion for delivering extraordinary patient care and client services.
- You will be resilient and an effective communicator.
- Skilled in problem solving and decision making.
- Devotion to self-investment in training and clinical and practical development
Why Join Us?
Veterinary Specialist Services offers more than just a job - we provide a platform for your
career to thrive. Joining our team means becoming part of a community that values
education, innovation and compassionate care. With a strong reputation for excellence and a focus on continuous improvement, we offer an environment where you can truly make a difference in the lives of animals and their owners.
Our hospital is in the picturesque Gold Coast, offering a perfect blend of beautiful beaches
and natural landscapes. You can experience many recreational pursuits, cultural activities
and a warm climate all year round.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and become a part of our exceptional
team providing high quality medical care to our furry companions, please send your CV and cover letter to our wonderful HR team at HR@vss.net.au. Discover the possibilities in veterinary medicine with VSS. Join us in shaping the future of animal healthcare.